Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Well paint my door red and call me Elizabeth Arden!

Over the past couple months I have really missed some special things I love about the South. Sweet Tea, the beach, anything having to do with the Gators, my friends and family…you know the normal things. It was sitting in my flat and I got the urge to watch Gone with the Wind. This is my all time favorite movie! I was telling other volunteers about it and they had never seen it. I even told my mom and Aunt that I wanted to watch that and Steel Magnolias… another one of my favs! As I said earlier I went to Windhoek for a workshop. While I was there I went into the Peace Corps Lounge and saw the book Gone with the Wind. I was SO excited I couldn’t believe that I could finally read the book that the movie I love so much was based on! Then while I was at the workshop in each of the rooms was a TV. I didn’t really turn it on because I was so content on my new book, but one night I choose to turn it on and what movie could just be starting on one of the local Namibian channels ONE Africa…STEEL MAGNOLIAS!! I was so excited that I was going to get to watch it I literally started jumping on the bed. Its amazing how when you really want to watch, do, see, eat something here in someway it works out and in its own way it happens J

No comments: