Tuesday, July 13, 2010

4th of July

This is Nick and Stewart trying to be cool... Nick got the cowboy hat to try and be a country boy...kind of looks like Tim McGraw, right?!?
What you can't tell is that I am in between yelling at people to play a football game :)
This is Katie she is the other Rundu volunteer...dinners and lots of chatting go on with us
Our Nam 29 4th of July decorations!!

I have been trying to get my PC friends to appreciate the great holiday that is 4th of July. Normally we celebrate at House Bavaria, but Patrick was out of town at the World Cup so we did it at my house. This year they made it a joke by wearing obnoxious red white and blue…it was very Gator of them (to be as obnoxious as possible)! We celebrated 4th of July on the 3rd of July and had about 25 PCV’s in town… We had to have a football game, pasta salad, Freedom Pong and fireworks. Man I love this holiday… I was sitting in my front yard in a chair pretending I am on St. Augustine beach with my family. I even had some Firefly that I had sent special to me ;) YUM! Nick and I even made some really good chicken wings with a very good sauce I must say!It was a great time we all needed a reminder of how much fun just hanging out and relaxing can be. The next big holiday is Halloween I think they will be just as good. I can’t wait until next year when I will really be back on the beach with my family and all the new little kids. I made my kids here celebrate it in their own way. They were to wake up on Sunday and yell HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY AMERICA!! When I told them this they came back and told me America is too old to be celebrating her birthday! I told them you can never be too old to celebrate!! It’s true I will celebrate this holiday until I die!

1 comment:

FONTY said...

hello, your blog looks nice ^_^!
warm greeting from Font Lover