Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sweatshirts in July?!

It is winter time here, imagine a Thanksgiving in FL warm during the day and cold at night, and my toes are constantly cold! I have worn my sweater almost everyday. I am appreciating the winter since I know in summer I will be dying for some cold weather. I even sculpted my dinner to fit the season. Last week I made Lentil Chili… took some lentils, tomato puree and cumin and it was fabulous!! Then my attempt to make chicken soup was a success!! So for a whole week I would have lentil chili for lunch and chicken soup for dinner! I usually just make one or two dinners for the whole week and live off of that until I need to cook something else. This week is peppers, tomatoes and onions over a bit of pasta. I made a ranch dipping sauce. Did you know you could take a ranch flavor packet and add it to plain fat-free yoghurt and it tastes just like the bottle?? Healthy and inexpensive! I am back on my chicken soup dinners. Its so easy and really warms you up. There is nothing like sitting inside after work with a warm cup of soup and a good book. (I am reading Gone with the Wind)

No comments: