Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Purpose...

Work is going great my kids finished cleaning their three schools (I will post pictures soon) and the schools have now implemented a program where if you are seen throwing rubbish on the ground you will get what is like a detention. Really they told the kids to slap someone and tell a teacher if they saw them throwing rubbish down, but I strongly discouraged that behavior. At least the schools are staying clean and the schools are supporting and like it clean!! We are now preparing to take 35 kids to Windhoek for a Sports Tournament consisting of Volleyball, Netball, Soccer and Chess. We are going to be spending the next few weeks training and preparing them. My job is to be the cheerleader and teach them stuff I learned in middle school. I have no idea how to play any of the games so I am just moral support! If you know any cheers please send them my way!!

I just got back from Windhoek for a PC workshop on planning trainings. I have never written/updated/edited so many learning objectives in my life, but it was done to improve training and I think the new groups will have a better more organized training then I did. It was nice to get to hang out with the staff I really enjoy the Namibians that work in the office, I wish I got to spend more time with them. It was a good reason to get out of Rundu even though I don’t really want to leave….I complained the whole way down. We are still trying to get funding for EWA this week I am working on figuring out how to make it as cheap as possible… fingers crossed something works out!!

No comments: