Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Three Times Over

It is tradition to have a Rundu Thanksgiving and we did not forget that tradition this year! There is an RPCV, Patrick, he was in group 12 or 13 and met the love of his life, Terri, and has stayed here to raise his beautiful family. He owns a lodge and hosts the volunteers for Thanksgiving. The deal is he provides the turkey and the volunteers make the sides. We had cornbread, stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, pumpkin pie, apple pie and of course turkey. After everyone ate we played a game of football. I was on team "High Five" and even though we did not win it was too much fun. A few days after we had Thanksgiving #2 where we ate the leftovers...then on REAL thanksgiving we had another one!!! Its no wonder my pants are too tight this week!! It was a lot of fun and it reminded me how thankful I am for the life I have been given. I love the path that I am on right now and can not imagine being anywhere else!!

Some of my favorite girls!!

Me and Rachel with one of Patrick's beautiful daughters, Grace

Before dinner we played at the pool :)

After dinner we played at Backstage!

No comments: