Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Proud Mama

I can't believe it is the end of term!! On the 20th of Nov. my first group of Bronze members graduated to SILVER!! We had an awards ceremony and celebrated their completion of the year with medals, certificates, mama bears and cake!! The picture is of my first class. They are wonderful kids and I have loved working with them I can not wait to see what next year will bring for us. They will become the mentors to a group of new learners who will take on the role of Bronze participants next year. They make my life in Rundu so much better. I was telling another volunteer, Peggy, that I can't imagine my life here with out those kids. I don't think I would be half as happy as I am. They are a wonderful reminder everyday to smile and be thankful for all that I have. Most of my kids go with out food, new clothes and both parents to love them, but what I love most is no matter what life is throwing at them they are always respectful, positive and motivated. Did I mention that I LOVE these kids??

The week after the awards ceremony we had a Christmas party with the kids and I let them do a photo booth type thing so here are some of those pictures... how can you not think these kids are so cute??




No comments: