Thursday, March 26, 2009

Grammar Saavy

DISCLAMIER: I am horrible at grammar as I warned some of you before I left. I do not boast to be some amazing linguist I am just writing as it comes out from my brain to the keypad. I rarely make sense when I talk so why would you think that when I write it would get any better? SO on that note if you are going to send me an SMS to my phone, please do not try to correct me on my grammar, while we enjoyed a laugh (thanks mom) I would much prefer a good joke to share!!
I am starting to get into the training routine… get up, language, technical, lunch, more technical, and more language, come home cook dinner, watch a horrible Spanish soap, go to bed. I might go a little crazy when I don’t have training everyday from 8-5. We have our mid LPI tomorrow… it’s a language test but really its just a practice for the end of training LPI. To be sworn in you have to score an intermediate low. For tomorrow’s test I am shooting for an novice-low!!! Edina lyange Kim. Ame kwa tunda koFlorida. Ame muliziambeli goPC gokanguki. Ame kwa ku nondongo morwa utovara. (My name is Kim. I am from Florida. I am a PC helath volunteer. I like Peanut Butter because it tastes good) I think if I say that I will have the novice-low in the bag.
Today I got a special surprise from home… a care package from my mom, Maria, and Katherine!! I think it was voted the best care package so far because there was a box of thin mints that I shared with the volunteers and training staff. I might have hyped it up to the trainers a little too much by saying they were the best cookies in the whole world, but in my opinion they are pretty bangin! It was comical to see the volunteers faces light up when they saw either the green box or just the sleeve of cookies and they immediately knew what I was offering. So thank you Katherine for the wonderful surprise you made 21 volunteers, 10 trainers, and my 6 family members VERY HAPPY today! You are probably wondering why I would share such a wonderful cookie with everyone… there is one thing in Namibia that I love almost as much as the being late everywhere thing… In Namibia we share!! I mean everything one day I was talking to my language trainer and another one came and opened her lunch box and he took her sandwich. It is seen as a sign of friendship if you eat off someone’s plate. My mom did it to me at dinner last night, at least she likes me!
So in case you didn’t hear I cracked my tooth last night while I was helping cook dinner I was eating a piece of raw macaroni and I felt something hard that was not macaroni. Sure enough I have cracked my back upper tooth and I have a dentist appt. on Monday to get it looked at. It doesn’t hurt too bad just a little pain. This will be the first of a few trips to the dentist over the next month. Before I left Uncle Carson sent out a letter not to let Jennifer come visit me because she might break the continent. I thought that was silly she should come visit its not her fault she breaks things, but after all this I think it is safe to say that I am doing enough damage here that maybe she really shouldn’t come over who knows what will break next so far we have been lucky. I might have to start sitting in the corner alone in training because I am “the girl who breaks things”. The other volunteers keep saying that I am just getting it all out during training, I hope they are right!

No comments: