Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My New Babies

This past weekend was my bronze orientation! I did an intake of 100 learners it was chaos, but good chaos. I really enjoyed them. I think they will be a good group of kids. You will hear more about them I am sure. The weekend started on Friday and went until Saturday. We played games like freeze tag, red rover. Sang songs... WOW I am a camp counselor! They are so tiny. I will just post pictures and caption them if I can so its more interesting.




This is a picture of Immanuel and Petrus. They are two silvers who are fabulous and a great help. I asked them to come assist with the overnight because I knew there would be too many kids and not enough adults.






This is a group at the beginning of the day. I did the animal name game with them to figure out their teams. Each learner takes a slip of paper with an animal name on it and they must act like the animal to find thier team .I think this is Team Donkey or Team Goat!




This is a group of the boys doing the autograph signing laughing about something and I happened to catch them in the right moment!




This is the volunteers serving dinner to the kids. I think they were glad to get fed. The volunteers started cooking at 4 pm for an 8:30 dinner time. They got Macaroni salad, rice, soup and oros!



I think this is my favorite picture taken here so far. Hey are playing and having fun and you can see that in their faces!




We also played Red Rover... These kids were intense when it came to the game. I did get some good action shots though.







THE BRONZE BOYS!!














THE BRONZE GIRLS!!





No comments: