Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's getting HOTT in HERE!!!

It’s officially summertime in Rundu; you can’t even sit in your house with out sweating. I am drinking 3-5 liters of water a day and I am still so thirsty. Obviously, when I go to bed at night I don’t drink water in my sleep and from the time I lay down to the time I wake up my lips are so dehydrated that are super chapped!! Last week we had our first rainy night and we woke up to a cool morning. We are told that the rainy season is coming early this year. We have had some rainy nights since then, but only one really good one. I love the sound of rain on a tin roof. I hope everyone is right about the rain coming early, because I think I blocked the memory of last year’s heat. All I want to do is sit in a pool or be on the beach!! The good news is cold showers feel wonderful and it saves money on electricity!!

Hazards to look out for this summer:
1. I have to keep a fan pointing at my computer so it doesn’t catch on fire.
2. There might be a possibility of me melting this year.
3. I might get banned from the bank! I go into the bank just to cool down because they have air conditioning!! If I keep going in and not doing anything they might start to notice.

I am actually looking forward to summers in the South with a cold glass of sweet tea and being able to run and hide in air conditioning.

No comments: