Friday, April 16, 2010

Day by Day

Life in Namibia is going well. Nam feels more like home everyday, I may never come home! (lets see who actually reads this), but in reality some days suck! When that happens I do a few things depending on the day. I will either a) watch a TV show- I am really into SYTYCD and Friends- or b) read a book or c) sit down and really try to picture what I would be doing at home right now- every time I try I just can't picture myself at home which reminds me that no matter how crappy the day this is where I am supposed to be and it usually makes it better. or I just go to sleep and wake up on a new day!

I am still going to my job everyday - sometimes it really feels like EVERYDAY! There are about 40-50 kids who attend everyday. It is different groups of kids usually. It is exam time so we are just relaxing, playing games/sports, and watching movies. A lot of times my job can get really stressful, but like with anything you can't appreciate the good if you don't go through the bad.

There is a new health group (group 31) swearing in as I write this update. I am excited for them. We have 6 newbies coming up to Kavango. It will be a nice addition. Some of them have shown an interest in EWA so I am excited to get to work - an pass on this job - to one of them! With 5 of the people coming up being girls I foresee a good chance that my Friday wine days might be coming back :)

Sunday I start my April travel for two weeks away from site. I will be going to the capital and the first week getting first aid training and a general work meeting. The second week is GLOW!!!

Saturday is a friends birthday, We are going to do a whole day of celebrating and relaxing it should be a fun time!

I am getting better at my cooking skills... last night I made some banging guac (it is avo season here!) with Mexican beans for dinner - basically I made burrito less burritos!

I have unofficially started training for the half in October. So any motivational words would be greatly appreciated!

Kareni Po Nawa!! (Stay Well)

No comments: